Photography Goal for 2013: The 365 ProjectPosted by in photography
2013 is finally the year that I work on a 365 photography project!
It’s something I’ve wanted to do for ages now but never got prepared or took it seriously enough to really get started.
But this year will be very different. I’m 100% committed and ready to take a photo every single day in 2013. I want to record a few of my hopes, expectations and goals for this project here at the beginning, so here goes:
- I expect it won’t be easy and I anticipate that some days, taking a photo will be the last thing I want to do.
- My goal is to push through those tricky moments and allow myself the freedom to use my phone camera occasionally if that’s what it takes…although I definitely want these photos to make up the minority across the year.
- I hope I don’t run out of ideas of what to photograph.
- I expect to learn and grow a lot after 365 days of constant photography. This is a big part of why I’m doing this project so trying new techniques, styles and ideas is what I plan to push myself to do.
- My overall goal for a year in photos is that I document my everyday life in London – the normal, the unusual, the little details. At times when I’m away and travelling, I’ll focus on documenting those adventures and improving my travel photography.
- I expect to make an awesome album out of these photos in 2014.
- I hope it’ll be a lot of fun.
- My goal is to never miss a day.
It will be interesting to look back on these notes later on in the year to see if this project is at all what I thought it might be. I’m also hoping that it will keep me motivated to be able to go back and read why I decided to do this challenge in the first place. My plan is to blog a week’s worth of images at a time but I wanted to start things off by posting 1/365 today.
Anyone else doing a 365 project this year? Would love to find a buddy or two so we can keep each other on track :)
Happy New Year!